Yes, it’s true. These muffins are all of those things! I have clients who are on the Paleo diet and this recipe for muffins from the Paleo Plan has become a weekly staple for them (and now other clients!). They are delicious and give you everything you want from a muffin — without the sugar, gluten and dairy!
They couldn’t be easier (no mixer necessary) to make and they’re pretty, aren’t they?
Here’s how it’s done.
• 1 1/2 c. almond flour
• 3/4 c. canned pumpkin (half of a small can — make a double batch or save the other half in the refrigerator for next time)
• 3 large eggs
• 1 tsp. baking powder
• 1 tsp. baking soda
• 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
• 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
• 1/8 tsp. salt
• 1/4 c. raw honey, optional (I use regular honey most times)
• 2 tsp. almond butter
• Sliced almonds or pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Line muffin tin with paper cups and fill cups 1/2 to 3/4 of the way full. Should fill about 10 cups.
2. Sprinkle almonds or pepitas on the top.
Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.