I decided to bring salad to Cooking Club S01E02, but couldn’t decided on one recipe (and heaven forbid I only make one and someone not like it!). Aside from half my silken tofu oozing down the drain when I was getting my ingredients together, I think they both turned out well! Two totally different dressings, obviously, but I think the tahini was my favorite of the two.
I got cilantro lime dressing from MarthaStewart.com:
Makes 2 cups
- Half of a 10-ounce container of soft silken tofu, drained
- 1/3 c. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 c. chopped shalots
- 1 Tbsp. grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. cider vinegar
- 1/4 c. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Coarse salt and ground pepper In a blender, combine tofu, lime juice, 1/3 cup water, shalots, mustard, vinegar, and half the cilantro; season with salt and pepper. Blend on high speed until completely smooth. Stir in remaining cilantro.
1 Tbsp. of tahini
Juice of 1 lemon
2 medium sized cloves of garlic, grated or crushed
2 tsp. fresh ginger, grated or crushed
1/2 Tbsp. tamari or soy sauce
1/2 Tbsp. sesame or peanut oil (optional)
2 Tbsp. of water
salt & pepper to taste
1. Put everything in a bottle or container with a lid and shake it vigorously for about 30 seconds or until it’s all mixed.
2. Use it liberally! This makes about half a cup – at least enough for a big salad, and any leftover will keep in the fridge, just shake it well before use.
Preparation time: 5 minutes